Sunday, 8 April 2012
Ultimate Blog Challenge Blog 7 Little Acts of Kindess
After a lovely Easter Roast Dinner with my lovely family i started to think about the people who aren't so lucky and who don't have family to share these special times during the year and who perhaps spend most of the year very lonely and how during normal everyday life we can't tell who these people are or how little we really know about anyone we come into contact with or pass by in the street or sit next to on the bus, are in the cars that pass that and so on. We don't know what they are thinking, feeling or whats happening in their lives. If we were all to just concentrate on doing littles acts of kindness for others not only are we hopefully brightening someone elses day but by doing so we are also brightening our own day.
12 Little Acts of Kindness.
1. Say "Good morning" and smile at everyone you meet.
2. Even if you are short of time take a few moments to help someone whether its directions they need or a helping hand crossing the road or picking up a toy dropped from a pushchair
3. Say "I love you" to someone you love.
4. Let someone with less shopping than you go in front of you at the check out
5. Each time you get a new item of clothing, give away something old.
6. Say "please" and "thank you" —and really mean it.
7. When you're on a crowded train or bus, offer your seat to an elderly, disabled or pregnant person
8. Don't interrupt when someone is explaining herself/himself.
9. Let a fellow driver merge into your lane or on a busy road let someone from a side road out.
10. Encourage someone who seems despondent.
11. Ask someone "How are you really doing?"—and then really listen to her/his response.
12. Leave a generous tip for a pleasant waiter.
By doing little acts of kindness for others we also lift our spirit and makes us feel so much better inside. If we are thinking about doing kindnesses for others we are far less likely to worry or focus on negative things which may be happening to us. As you concentrate on doing these things your focus comes round to helping others and all of a sudden we find ourself receiving so many more kindnesses. We meet happier people and they will bend over backward to help us. You see, what we focus on we receive more of......try it, I guarantee it will work...........